XML/cvs Import from DVD Profiler

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
xtchall
Inductee
Inductee

Shared database?

Post by xtchall »

this app looks good, but i don't have time to search/input my extensive DVD collection. would it be possible to share an export file containing most of the recent/popular DVD titles?
Iqon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iqon »

I tried to import my DvdProfiler file and was surprised and glad to see that it worked nearly perfectly! The only thing I miss is the possibility for importing subtitles and language information as well, since that seems to be the only things (I have discovered) Dvdpedia doesn't import. Is it somehow possible to import these too?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

If you send me your .xml export from DVD Profiler I can look at updating the importer to include the subtitles and language information. I believe the format was hard to parse from DVD Profiler to include that information.

Maybe a user with a popular database would be willing to share it with you. But also keep in mind that you can drag and drop links to Amazon items from Safari into the table view to add a DVD. So you can go to Amazon's Top Sellers and drag the links or movie covers to DVDpedia. (If you don't want to add information to the entry you can make the process faster by enabling "add first search result" in the preference panel.)