CD length

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
fingam

CD length

Post by fingam »

Hi all,
First of all I apologize for any mistake because English is not my language. I have a question regarding CDpedia.: when a CD is NOT recognized in any database (CDDB, Amazon, ...), how can I know or where can I see its length?

Thanks a lot,
fingam
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: CD length

Post by Alex »

If you open iTunes and highlight the CD, it should tell you the length, number of songs and how much hard drive space they take.

Cheers,
fingam

Post by fingam »

So, you're sayin' that CDpedia doesn't read the length without the help of an external DB or appl?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

You're right, CDpedia needs to get that information from a database. What you could try though - unfortunately I can't try this out myself because I don't have a CD handy right now - is to enter the number of tracks (i.e. if the CD has 14 tracks, add 14 blank tracks in the Tracks tab of the Add/Edit window) and then press Command-T while the CD is inserted in the computer. This should then insert the length of the tracks and calculate the full duration for you.
fingam

Post by fingam »

It worked only for the length of the tracks but not for the total length of the cd. In any case a first step has been done :-)