Printing DVDpedia library

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
orgo
Inductee
Inductee

Printing DVDpedia library

Post by orgo »

How do I print my DVDpedia library (Simple Text List) to include my selected (11) columns? When I print (in landscape), I get about 3 columns and they are not as I had arranged them. Also, the column headings disappear. Thanks!
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The print lists are static so no matter what you have showing in your table they are always going to print the same columns. To print exactly the columns that you have showing on your table, use the tab delimited or CSV export format, since those are 'what you see is what you get' type of exports. Once you've exported a collection you can then print it.

Alternatively, you could make a simple template containing all the columns you want to show. Have a look at one of the simpler HTML templates, such as printing.html. You can change the tags in there to reflect the columns you want to show. There is also a section in the Help file on how to write your own templates. (If you're just changing an existing template to fit your needs then you don't even need an HTML editor; a simple text editor will suffice.)