Bookpedia and DVDpedia - Isite broken for me

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
operator99
Contributor
Contributor

Bookpedia and DVDpedia - Isite broken for me

Post by operator99 »

Hi,
I have both Bookpedia and DVDpedia, the latest version, along with the latest version of OSX on my macbook pro from mid 2012. Both programs, when I try to use Isite, bring up the Iglasses window, but it remains a black rectangle and then shows the red box, but nothing but black remains. I had this issue a couple of years ago having to do with some support file in quicktime, if I remember correctly, but that was on an older machine. Any help appreciated. Thanks, yours in waiting with a pile of books.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Bookpedia and DVDpedia - Isite broken for me

Post by Nora »

If you see a black screen after opening the iSight window in DVDpedia instead of the regular camera feed that points to a problem with a QuickTime component from another developer. We've already contacted them and hope they fix this issue but in the meantime you can get your iSight back to work by removing the 3ivxVideoCodec.component plug-in from the following folder on your HD: /Library/QuickTime/ 

Restart the program afterwards and your iSight should be back to normal. 
operator99
Contributor
Contributor

Post by operator99 »

Hi, searched the quicktime folder you mentioned, and the file is not in there. Searched the whole library folder, and not in there either. Moved to search whole drive and still not found, so that doesn't seem to be the problem/answer. Other suggestions? PS - the camera is fine in that it works for Facetime and Skype.
Should I perhaps uninstall and reinstall? If so, what is the best way to make sure I don't lose my data.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Your data for the programs is kept in your user folder at ~/Library/Application Support/[Pedia] so you can install and reinstall the program without fear of data loss. Should have been the codec issue, I'll do some testing with iGlasses installed to find out if I can reproduce it.
RKQ
Inductee
Inductee

Post by RKQ »

Did this question ever get answered? I am having a similar problem -- iglasses installed, but opening scanner to add a new book to Bookpedia just produces a black screen.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Did you already remove the 3ivxVideoCodec.component plug-in as mentioned above?