question about importing bookpedia files

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
bellavita

question about importing bookpedia files

Post by bellavita »

hello -- i have one copy of bookpedia on my desktop and another on my laptop. i use the laptop to enter books i keep at home and the desk top to enter books in my office. can i merge the two lists into a single list?

(i looked on the forum and in the help files for an answer. if one is there, i missed it.)

thanks
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Hi Bellavita,

Have a look at this, a HowTo about sharing one library between two computers.

Nora
bellavita

sharing library between 2 computers

Post by bellavita »

thanks for your response. your answer suggests i should carry my library around on a thumb drive (for example) and use that to make sure each computer has the same library.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

If the two hard drives have no other way of seeing each other - via your iDisk, for example - then yes, you'll have to carry it around with you.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

In your case, because you have two separate distinct collections, you can simply export your home Library as .dvdpedia and name the file "home library". Add it to your laptop by moving the file there and double clicking it to add it. (This collection will not be included in your Library, so that it can remain separate but it's there for you to browse and search.) When you want to update the information, delete the collection and repeat the process with an updated version of the .dvdpedia file. Do the reverse to have your office library on your home computer. Keep in mind that because you're only updating in one direction, additions and changes you make to your office Library have to happen on your laptop and home additions have to happen on your desktop.