Hi! Need CDPEDIA Help I-Tunes Refresh (not the usual)

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Fluxusmonkey

Hi! Need CDPEDIA Help I-Tunes Refresh (not the usual)

Post by Fluxusmonkey »

Hi!
fIrst of all: CdPedia is a great tool, thanks for that. :D

Please notice: I`m not a native english speaker so please excuse me if i may make some mistakes.

HEre my Problem:

I import my ITunes library via "add itunes List" or "add Mediathek" ... and that works fine ... but it does not refresh :cry: the Album Information if i change anything in Itunes ...

i tried this thing http://www.bruji.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4791 (asking via Terminal if cdpedia has the right path) ...

Terminal showed no error just the correct path...

NOW maybe ... the problem is that i have "Spanned" my Music to another folder ... the .Xml ist here /Users/[User]/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml
But the Music files are on another hard drive ... is that maybe the problem?

It would be wonderfull if anyboda could help me with this!
Thank you in advance :idea:
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Hi! Need CDPEDIA Help I-Tunes Refresh (not the usual)

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the explanation. The iTunes is a one way import that happens at the moment of import. IF you then update track information in iTunes you need to reimport the iTunes playlist to bring in the new information. Thank you for the feedback about having an update function that would update the value for the existing tracks. however because CDpedia is album based and iTunes is track based it makes this one-to-one linking complicated to maintain and keep in sync. This is why the import only happens at the moment.
Fluxusmonkey

Re: Hi! Need CDPEDIA Help I-Tunes Refresh (not the usual)

Post by Fluxusmonkey »

Thank you for the answer!
I understand... no problem, CdPedia still rock`s :wink: