Can i add/modify reference sites

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Chrislc
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Can i add/modify reference sites

Post by Chrislc »

Hello.i am new here and I wanted to know if i can modify or add a reference web site in the selection we have in the update from list.

If i can not add one, is there a way to have the Spanish or french or UK version of Abebooks? (abebooks.es or .fr or .co.uk) instead of the .com
It would be the same question for Amazon. is there a way to set it up and to choose which location you are connected to?

Thanks in advance for your answer
C.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Can i add/modify reference sites

Post by Nora »

You can add your own if you have a bit of programming knowledge. More information about that can be found here. Thank you for the suggestion the different versions of abebooks. We'll keep that in mind for the future.

For Amazon, once you sign up for their search you will automatically have access to all their search sites, including ES, FR and UK.
Chrislc
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Chrislc »

Hello, Thanks for your answer. I don´t have any knowledge of programing. But I will check to see if i can do it or not. I will try as well to set-up amazon. If i can reach the spanish or english web-site it would be perfect.
The reason for that is that right now, we mostly only have North American reference site (the Casa del libro is never working and teh other European one almost never return a good result). As an example, when the new price appears it is always in dollar or a price in euro but with a conversion rate from the dollar. And when you you buy from USA, you have at least 10€ to add for posting, and import taxes. It does not help to fix an average price for a book, fast. You always have to check manually on the reference site that fit your location.

I know that Bookpedia is not really meant for professionals but I am planning to open a small independent book-shop soon and Bookpedia is almost doing everything i need. Actually the option to print tickets is more or less what´s missing for a basic use in a small scale shop. (when you sell or buy a book or do a refund) (with a header and footer including the name and contact of your book-shop).

Otherwise you are doing a lovely job. Thanks. :)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback.

Casa del libro should be working, their server is quite slow and takes some time. Do try the beta version if you are still getting no result. The printing and HTML export options are based on HTML templates. If you can get a friend with some web page design knowledge you will be able to set up a printing template with any design for your tickets. Including printing only the relevant information into an already professionally color printed ticket with your bookstore information. A lot of home users use this ability to create their own stubs and labels. A few pages with information about templates

Good luck with the bookshop.