clickable local path to folder as Info

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
amk

clickable local path to folder as Info

Post by amk »

Hi guys,

thank you for your great Program, it's really very helpfull.

But as I got a lot of music sorted in my own folder structure on my Mac + several other harddisks,
it would be just great if one would be able to see permanently
- the full path
- the folder

:idea: for example: I have my finalised mp3's in a folder structure _ready_
-30s
-40s
-Swing
-40s
-50s
-Pop
a.s.o.

So when I look on an imported Album with mp3s, I want to know where it is located
and I would like to be able to set the Folder it is in. Like Glenn Miller is in 40s.
Each Folder in the path should be clickable.
example: _ready_ -> Swing -> 40s -> Glenn Miller (Album itself)

It would be such a help for guys like me with TONS of music in various forms to be able to work
directly out of cdpedia, dvdpedia a.s.o..

Here's an example of a path:

pedia://loadLink=file:///Volumes/VM_2/_MUSIKSPEICHER_/(___fertig___)/30's/jean%20gabin/01-Quand%20on%20se%20promene%20au%20bord%20de%20l'eau.mp3

but should be shown like VM2/_MUSIKSPEICHER_/(__fertig__)/30's/jean gabin/

It just shows up on mouse-over, but it would be great to have it permanently shown.
Then it would be nice to be able to click on 30's and, voilá, you can see all the music you have
imported into CDpedia wich sits in that folder. Or on jean gabin, and, voilá, you see all other albums of him in there.
On rightclick, you then could GO to the folder, finder opens up.

This would make CDpedia (and other pedias for DVD and Games) to the main tool dealing with ones medias once imported.

with best wishes,

Arne
Conor
Top Dog

Re: clickable local path to folder as Info

Post by Conor »

Hi Arne,

Thank you for the feedback. This sounds like a job for the customizable details view. There is information in the included help and in the forum how to modify the HTML to add your own features. The trick here would be in the links section of the details template to include "[link:url]" in a visible area of the HTML instead of just as the link. This will give you an always visible URL.

To then go further and make each section clickable and format it nicely you would need to employ Javascript. With it you could pick up the URL from a tag such as "ref" and in Javascript write a small routine that would split each section out of the URL by slash and then create html with just the section and the URL up to that point. The final HTML you would produce would be along these lines:

Code: Select all

<a href="pedia://loadLink=file:///Volumes/VM_2"> VM_2 </a> / 
<a href="pedia://loadLink=file:///Volumes/VM_2/_MUSIKSPEICHER_"> _MUSIKSPEICHER_ </a> / 
<a href="pedia://loadLink=file:///Volumes/VM_2/_MUSIKSPEICHER_/(__fertig__)"> (__fertig__) </a> / 
<a href="pedia://loadLink=file:///Volumes/VM_2/_MUSIKSPEICHER_/(__fertig__)/30's"> 30's </a> / 
Not inconsequential amount of work, but might be worth the effort if clicking the folder will boost your productivity.