DVDPedia wiped

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
bigfella
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

DVDPedia wiped

Post by bigfella »

Nora, have been running the Beta version now for quite a while, upon updating Beta54 (from 5.1 to 5.2) I firstly ended up with two complete copies of it in applications.I notified you of the glitch and followed the instructions on your follow up email , now I have a blank dvdpedia with no entries and one that will not accept my old serial number. I just hope that my last backup to another drive is intact.Can I transfer the data from my iPad to my computer to restore dvdpedia.What happens with the serial number ?
bigfella
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: DVDPedia wiped

Post by bigfella »

Finally got DVDpedia back , one problem remains and that is how to recover my covers from my backup. Not a wiz with computers , so any help would be appreciated.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: DVDPedia wiped

Post by Nora »

I just replied to your email regarding this issue but since you already seem to have solved it with an import from your iPad, here's how you get your covers back since they are not part of the backup in iTunes for Pocketpedia (to save space). You can either download each cover individually through the Edit window's gear button or select a bunch of entries at a time and choose 'Download from > Doghouse' or whichever site you prefer in the cover image well's contextual image.

Alternatively, as mentioned in my email, use TimeMachine to restore your DVDpedia data folder as this will include the cover images as well.