Why can't DVDpedia find this movie?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
PGW
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Why can't DVDpedia find this movie?

Post by PGW »

I'm trying to enter the movie "Seven Days" into DVDpedia.

It's a Korean film, listed on Yesasia:

http://www.yesasia.com/us/seven-days-dv ... /info.html

I tried entering the UPC. Nothing. I tried "Seven Days"... nothing. I tried entering "Seven Days (DVD) (First Press Limited Edition) (Korea Version)"... nope. I copied Yesasia's catalog number and tried searching by that... nothing.

How is it I'm able to see the Yesasia's page for this disc, but DVDpedia isn't finding it? I can cut and paste and enter the film manually, of course (which is what I'll do), but I thought I'd bring this to you attention in case it indicates a bug somewhere.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Why can't DVDpedia find this movie?

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information.

Sadly I can't replicate the bug. Searching for "Seven Days" it's result number 8. Searching for the catalog number "1010694219" it's the one and only result. I did not find the EAN so I did not test that. Do try out the [ur=http://beta.bruji.com/dvdpedia.zip]beta version of DVDpedia[/url] as it's the version I am using, but it should be identical to the 5.2.1 YesAsia search plugin.

If the beta still fails pleas edo search for "Seven Days" in YesAsia and then limit it to Movies & Videos on the left hand side and then use the "File -> Save As" option and save the website as "Page Source" and send me that file so that I can compare it to the results I get here to see if something is different due to your geographical location.
PGW
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PGW »

Hi, Conor

I'm assuming you meant you couldn't replicate the bug.

I tried the Beta this morning and it DID find the disc. I tried the Yesasia catalog number and it came up with nothing - but I just tried again and the catalog number pulled it up. I'm thinking it could have been a glitch on Yesasia's side.

Two other things, though...

When you say "limit it to movies & video on the left hand side" this is what I'm seeing:

The choices only seem to present themselves for Amazon and a couple of other sources, but Yesasia isn't one of them.

Also, this is what I'm seeing under the file menu - no "save as" function at all.

Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Sorry about the typo. I did mean to have a missing "apostrophe-T" on that "can".

I believe you are correct on YesAsia fluke or the server being overloaded or being updated in some way.

The "movies & video" was for debugging the Yes Asia page that you get from a possible version that I was getting. So I meant the YesAsia website page in Safari after a search on the left they let you limit the media that the search shows.

The "Save As" would also be in Safari. But no need to worry about that now that it's working again.