Incorrect search results

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
designer1221
Inductee
Inductee

Incorrect search results

Post by designer1221 »

When scanning books with either Pocketpedia or Bookpedia using my FaceTime camera, I often get results that are different editions of the book, with different ISBN numbers, sometimes even audio or paperback versions of hardcovers. As part of the reason I'm creating the DB is for insurance purposes, its a little problematic; I spend a lot of time editing. Is there an easy way to spec specific search DBs or is there a way to get better results from Doghouse?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Incorrect search results

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the description. Could you please provide us with a few of the ISBN so that we can track it down and make sure it does not happen in the future. Doghouse is ISBN unique, so ISBN for hardcovers should remain separate from ISBN for the audio version, unless of course it was original submitted that way. With the ISBNs examples we can look this up and make sure that is the case. In Bookpedia you can try clicking on the magnifying glass of the search window and flipping to Google Books to try out their results for your collection.