How to display your Library Folder

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
FineWine
Site Admin

How to display your Library Folder

Post by FineWine »

As we all know the pedia's data bases are stored within: ~user/Library/Application Support and then within the particular pedia folder.

But from Lion onwards Apple started hiding the Library folder by default. With Mavericks and Yosemite they relented, sort of, and gave you an easy way to make your Library folder visible permanently.

Here is how to achieve this:

Menu Bar > View > Show View Options > Tick Show Library Folder

or

With Finder opened right click (control click) > Show View Options (or press Command-J) > Tick Show Library Folder

This should ensure it stays visible even during hard reboots and OS minor & major updates as updates do not usually over-write preference files. This method was introduced in Mavericks and on upgrade to Yosemite my Library Folder was still visible.

Cheers and Happy New Year to the team and all forum members.
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: How to display your Library Folder

Post by sitenoise »

As an addendum, it appears you have to be viewing your Home Folder in the Finder when choosing "Show View Options" in order to see the "Show Library Folder" checkbox.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: How to display your Library Folder

Post by FineWine »

sitenoise wrote:As an addendum, it appears you have to be viewing your Home Folder in the Finder when choosing "Show View Options" in order to see the "Show Library Folder" checkbox.
You are quite correct. I never new that little salient fact as my Finder > General preferences are set to default to "New Finder windows show:" 'my Home/User folder'.

Thank You and Cheers