New User help

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
maryfrasca13
Inductee
Inductee

New User help

Post by maryfrasca13 »

I'm trying to use the pocket Pedia app to add DVD's to an iPad that has been used in the past by abother co-worker and already has movies added.

I'm not sure how to use it. What I'm doing is not working. When I follow these directions:
1. Click the Action button in your Library
2. Select Add
3. Click the camera icon next to the search field

I don't get an the "add"option in my my drop down. I only get manually add and sort.

The scanner is also not working when I click on the video icon to scan the barcode. What I am doing wrong?

When I click the computer icon in the bottom right, i get an pop up that says, "Pedia not found. No pedia is currently on the network? "

Once I figure that out, I need help on how to assign numbers to my new movies, the last number used was 536, so I need to go from that number.

PLEASE HELP. I am using this for work and need to update our dvd collection and I can't seem to figure it out.

Thank you
Nora
Site Admin

Re: New User help

Post by Nora »

Sorry those instructions are actually for the iPhone version, which has a slightly different layout because of the size constraints. On the iPad you can start the search to add an entry directly in the search fiel found in the top right corner (landscape orientation). As for the scanner that's not working, what exactly is the problem? Does the camera not come up, do the barcodes not scan or does the search not find a match?

The error message you're seeing about the Pedia not being found means DVDpedia is not running on your Mac. Do you have the program or are you using Pocketpedia as a stand-alone app?

To add a Collection ID, go into edit mode for a movie (action button at the top of the entry) and then enter a number into the Collection ID field. If you have DVDpedia on the Mac, check out the Help for more info on how to add IDs or have the program do it for you.