copy ISBN?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Chrislc
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

copy ISBN?

Post by Chrislc »

Hello.

I would like to know if there is a way to have the ISBN copied when duplicating an existing book.
Each time i duplicate a book (when having many copies of the same title) i always have to manually copy the isbn as it is not included in a copy/paste.

It is not really practical for me as i always need to make lists with every book having the correct ISBN.

I have been using Bookpedia for 2 years now. I have a small book shop and that's the only thing i could complain about. Everything else i working well. I have so far over 14.0000 books listed in the library. I hope i can keep having more as i find it useful to have the details of the past years.

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Chris
Conor
Top Dog

Re: copy ISBN?

Post by Conor »

Hi Chris,

The removal on copy/paste is done as the majority of users then go on to change a few attributes of the book to make it a new item. Such as duplicating one book of a series and then changing the cover and title only. For this reason we strip the ISBN as it's a unique mark and wanted to avoid the collision of the same ISBN in these cases.

Of course being a library you are the unusual customer that you do want a perfect copy of the book to represent several copies of exactly the same book. There is no room for a preference in the UI, but I can make it a hidden preference. In the program called terminal run the following:

Code: Select all

defaults write com.bruji.bookpedia "Keep IDs on Copy" -bool YES
You will then need to use the beta version of Bookpedia that has this enabled and will be in official future version.
Chrislc
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: copy ISBN?

Post by Chrislc »

With the new version, it works perfectly! Thanks!! :)))