DVDPedia - Amazon

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
PGW
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

DVDPedia - Amazon

Post by PGW »

Just a heads up - I tried adding a movie ("Daylight") by UPC and it couldn't be found on Amazon. Nor could it be located by title. I tried the same thing with "Cliffhanger" - same thing. Finally, I tried to enter "Citizen Kane" - same thing - it just immediately came up with a "not found" message.

Does Amazon's info feed periodically go down, or is something broken with DVDPedia?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDPedia - Amazon

Post by Conor »

Are you using a Amazon store other than the US version. Amazon recently changed their terms of service to require an associate ID from the same country that is being searched. Almost everybody is signed in for the US Associate program. So if you search the UK store for example it will now return no results when using a US Associate ID.

You can verify if this is the case by looking at the the detailed error log in the console after a search. I have to update the interface to allow more than one Associate ID for users that might use more than a single country store.
PGW
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PGW »

I am using the U.S. Amazon selection. I have no idea what an "associate ID" is. If "almost everybody is signed in" for it, they've sure done a good job keeping me in the dark.

Doing a search, is this what you're talking about?

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

That would indeed be it.
wkpna
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by wkpna »

Conor wrote:I have to update the interface to allow more than one Associate ID for users that might use more than a single country store.
Could you please explain how exactly to do that?

Thank you.