CDpedia track position

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
softlycynical
Inductee
Inductee

CDpedia track position

Post by softlycynical »

Hi, I've added

Code: Select all

[tracksBegin][track:position] [track:name]<br> [tracksEnd]
to my HTML export file. Track position is coming up one lower than it should be (meaning track one, is labeled zero, track two is labeled one, etc.) Is this a bug -- I don't see position in any of the provided templates. (The other template with a numbered track uses an HTML ordered list, not the position tag.) Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: CDpedia track position

Post by Conor »

Thanks for the info. Something else must be going on as I use the strict details template that also uses the position tag and the track numbers appear correctly, as can be seen in the screenshot.

I can see 0 being the starting index as this is the case internally, when I designed the function first I was using the computer way of counting as it made it easier at the time, but the template export system should be adding 1 automatically to the position (verified in code, so not sure how it's skipping that step).

If you don't mind do send me your data file and I can try with your specific entry. You will find the database in your data folder located in your home folder at ~/Library/Application Support/CDpedia/Database.cdpd. Under El Capitain you must use the Finder "Go" menu and hold down the option key and select the "Library" option. Once there navigate to Application Support/CDpedia and select Database.cdpd and use the "Compress" command under the main "File" menu. This will create a .zip version that you can then attach to an email message.

Thinking about it, send me the template as well, just in case. Although I have the same:

Code: Select all

<span class="position">[track:position]</span>