Posters

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
james345
Contributor
Contributor

Posters

Post by james345 »

About 90% of my posters are not connected to the database for some reason. I cannot figure out a way to connect them back into the database except one by one which is an enormous amount of time.

Cannot seem to figure out in the program if there is anyway to reconnect posters to the database.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Posters

Post by Conor »

Hi James,

Thank you for the message. The covers are associated with their entries via unique ID of each entry that does not change. The covers are then saved with that unique ID. For the covers not to match the IDs and not be connected at all you would have to change the database file without the program running. This would be the Database.dvdpd file. Have you changed this file or changed data folder locations? Do send me any .dvdpd extension files from your data folder in ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia. And I can take a look at each file and see if there is a difference between the older versions and the current version being run. If you have replaced the file, there would be one called DatabaseReplaced.dvdpd. Do also send ema screenshot of the covers folder, so that I can have some idea of what covers belong to what unique IDs. This way you don't have to send em the covers that are the larger part of data that the program stores. With more info I might be able to see what happened and we can reverse it by going back to a backup or finding out what exactly is happening.
james345
Contributor
Contributor

Post by james345 »

Well this is a little hard to do. I keep the database on a little Lifestride that's hooked to my airport. I do not want it on one computer when I have several computers that I want to access it from. I can send you a snapshot of the files that I have on the computer place drive on the airport network.

It would seem to me since all of these cupboards have a JPEG number associated with them.
I should be able to go into a spot on the database chart and drop the number right into the database.

I do not see any logical way to add screenshots into this post.
Everybody just assumes that I know how to do it, and I don't.! ???
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi James,

Thanks for the extra info. In that case do check that the database is still being loaded from the network Lifestride. You can verify this in DVDpedia under "DVDpedia ->Preferences" menu command. The path to the data folder will be listed at the bottom of the window.

Since the database can't change the ID once an entry is created the only way to create a mismatch is to change the "Covers" folder or change the "Database.dvdpd" file. It's something that rarely happens as users tend not to change the data folder.

Do simply send me the images via email, that you will find on the support page. It's easier then linking them here. To place them here you need to put them somewhere online and then link the URL to the image here, with the img button at the top when composing a post.