import two pocketPedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
james345
Contributor
Contributor

import two pocketPedia

Post by james345 »

I have the database sitting on the Wi-Fi network on a 32 gb ssd hard drive. It does not seem to be able to synchronize it to pocketPedia.
I have it on the Wi-Fi network so I can access it from other computers. What do I have to do to get to work.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: import two pocketPedia

Post by Conor »

The location of the database should not matter as long as DVDpedia can load the database. It does need to make sure it's updated, but that should happen in seconds if the connectivity to the hard drive is a good one. When you try the sync are there any messages in your console log from DVDpedia? You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log.

The fact that the database is on a network drive might make it so that you can try the local network via "Create network..." for debugging as the issue is almost always the network blocking the reply from DVDpedia to Pocketpedia. At which point Pocketpedia gets stuck at waiting to get a reply from DVDpedia after initiating the sync. Do check any firewall or other network settings that might be blocking or rerouting the reply.

If you need to get your info on to Pocketpedia right away you can use the USB cable, one-way sync.
james345
Contributor
Contributor

Re: import two pocketPedia

Post by james345 »

I did get it to work finally it was just a lot of putzing around.

Thank you for your help.