Upgrading

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
tas033
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrading

Post by tas033 »

I am still running Bookpedia 4.6.4 and want to upgrade to a newer version on a different machine. How do I import all my data to the upgrade on the newer machine - which files do I need to move over? Thanks
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Upgrading

Post by Nora »

To get your Bookpedia over from one computer to the next, the most important part is the Bookpedia data folder. By default this is located in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia. Create a copy of that folder and move it to your new computer into the exact same location. (Please note that there are two Application Support folders on your computer, one in the Home folder and one on your HD. You want the one in your Home folder.)

If you don't see the ~/Library/ folder in Home you can use the Finder's 'Go' menu, hold down the Option key and the Library folder will appear.

Once that's copied over, you can also make a copy of the Bookpedia plist file so you won't have to re-register the program and keep other preference settings in the program as well. You'll find it in your Home folder under ~/Library/Preferences/com.bruji.bookpedia.plist

After that the last step left is to download the latest version of Bookpedia.

You can run the new version up to 5 times before it'll ask you for a new serial number. At that point, you can go into the Bookpedia menu > Register Bookpedia and press the 'Upgrade' button. That'll take you to our store with the discount coupon applied and Bookpedia added to your cart already.

If you're not interested in buying the upgrade after trying it out, let me know and I can send you instructions on how to downgrade to version 4.6.8 of the program.