CDpedia launches iTunes

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Jasperhound
Contributor
Contributor

CDpedia launches iTunes

Post by Jasperhound »

I'm using CDpedia 5.5 on an iMac running 10.10.5 with an external DVD/CD drive. In System Preferences all the boxes are set to 'ignore'. When I rip a CD (dBpoweramp), iTunes 12.4.3 does not launch. As soon as I as CDpedia to scan a disk, iTunes launches whatever its Preference setting is. This doersn't interfere with the first scan but stops subsequent scans from reporting the correct data. As far as I remember, this behaviour did occur with earlier iTunes versions. Is there a way to stop it?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: CDpedia launches iTunes

Post by Conor »

Thanks for the bug report and the details to try to reproduce it.

CDpedia launches iTunes as iTunes has access to CDDB that has accurate CD signatures to identify the CD with. So it's normal that iTunes launches to report back the data that CDpedia is asking.

What happens with subsequent CDs? Does it get stuck in reporting the same data as the first CD? Quick trial here I was able to get the correct data for several scans, but I am still running iTunes 12.3.3. I'll upgrade in the coming days and try with the latest iTunes.
Jasperhound
Contributor
Contributor

Re: CDpedia launches iTunes

Post by Jasperhound »

What happens with subsequent CDs? Does it get stuck in reporting the same data as the first CD?
Yes - CDpedia gets stuck. Looking at Preferences disabling the CDDB access isn't an option - or am I missing something?