Syncing Pocketpedia Erases New Entries

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Professor

Syncing Pocketpedia Erases New Entries

Post by Professor »

I'm using my iPhone to scan new entries into Pocketpedia. But when I sync Pocketpedia with DVDpedia on my Mac, the new entries are pushed successfully to the Mac, but they then all disappear from Pocketpedia. I tried using Pocketpedia on my iPad, and the same thing happens. I've tried syncing again, in hopes the entries will go from the Mac back onto Pocketpedia, but that hasn't worked. My principal reason for having the various 'pedias is so I can take them on my iPhone when I'm out shopping and can see whether I own a book or movie. I cannot do that when the information remains on my Mac. Can anyone shed light on this?
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Syncing Pocketpedia Erases New Entries

Post by Nora »

Make sure you have the latest version of Pocketpedia. There was an issue with the sync in version 3.4.2 which we fixed very quickly but do check that you have updated to the latest version, 3.4.3.
If you keep having problems with that version too, please let us know.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thanks for the detailed description. Do make sure yo are updated as Nora pointed out, but from the description it sounds like a different issue. Were Pocketpedia is not picking up the latest database.

If you don't mind could you please send me your DVDpedia database. You will find the database in your data folder located in your home folder at ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Database.dvdpd. Under Yosemite you must use the Finder "Go" menu and hold down the option key and select the "Library" option. Once there navigate to Application Support/DVDpedia and select Database.dvdpd and use the "Compress" command under the main "File" menu. This will create a .zip version that you can then attach to an email message. This way I can test with your exact Database, in case it's something very very specific that is causing the bug.

Kind regards,
Conor
Professor

Post by Professor »

Hi, Nora and Conor,

Thanks for looking into my problem. Yes, my Pocketpedia and DVDpedia are both up to date.

Conor, to what email address should I send the DVDpedia database?

Also, since I'm just starting to catalog my movies, the file is only 184 KB, so I think it will be okay to not compress it ;)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Indeed our support email will be fine. Although if the file is small it makes the bug even stranger, but might be easier to isolate. Thank you.