Has there been some Style Templates Tag Changes?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
FineWine
Site Admin

Has there been some Style Templates Tag Changes?

Post by FineWine »

Has there been some name changes to some tags? I just noticed today that some 'Credit Tag' for DVDpedia had changed;

old tag = [credit:nameRaw] new tag = [credit:name]
After searching for ALL incidences of nameRaw in my templates it still works but if I change it to just name it wont work.

old tag= [credit:roleRaw] new tag = [credit:role]
Whilst role is the only one that works.

In my submitted "Moderator" template I have used just name & role and they of course work. But in my submitted Jungle Green template I have used roleRaw & nameRaw and role is the only one that works and if I change nameRaw that wont work.

The weird thing is I have only just noticed these errors occurring in my own use of the templates. I did update DVDpedia Beta on the 30th March so something might have changed in that beta after an update requirement concerning this forum topic: Link Viewer on All Pedia Apps
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Has there been some Style Templates Tag Changes?

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the heads up. It's was likely the bug fix for the linking as it's tied to the way the HTML is generated.

Both tags [credit:name] and [credit:nameRaw] exist. The raw version does not add the link to filter based on the name, that is added automatically for details template unless <meta name="filterLinks" content="no" /> is in the header and then they are both treated the same.

I was able to fix the [credit:roleRaw] not working that got broken as it was also never used, I don't test for it. There is no linking added to the role, so it's an extra tag that does not need to be used. The beta will have Jungle Green working.

However I have no issues with [credit:name] as used in moderator, does not get the link due to the meta header tag mentioned above.

Try the beta again and let me know if you still see issues with credit name. It will self update if you relaunch DVDpedia Beta or check for updates from the DVDpedia menu.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

The new beta did the trick; [credit:roleRaw] and [credit:role] both work now - thanks Conor. But I still have to use [credit:nameRaw] due to the meta tag.

I do not use the <meta name="filterLinks" content="no" /> in the header for Jungle Green nor in my personal Cast Photo's template (based on Jungle Green) but I do use it in the Moderator template.

Cheers
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thanks for the verification. Fix will be included in the next release that is imminent, but with the beta you need not worry.