DVDpedia v4 broken

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
tailwheel
Contributor
Contributor

DVDpedia v4 broken

Post by tailwheel »

I'm helping resurrect DVDpedia from an archive databse. I have the old DVDpedia folder from the ~/Library/Application Support folder.

On a Mac mini (OS X 10.7.5) I've installed a fresh copy of DVDpedia v4.6.8, and launched and registered it. Of course the database was new and empty.

Next I quit DVDpedia and replaced the DVDpedia folder (~/Library/Application Support) with the recovered copy above.

Upon launching, DVDpedia does one of three things: crashes, hangs (force quit required), or opens empty. If I try launching while holding Option to select the Database.pediadata file, I get the same result.

BTW, the referenced video files are not available to the mini.

Any ideas about how to fix this?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDpedia v4 broken

Post by Conor »

You can try a fresh copy of 4.6.8, although the version has not changed in 6 years, there have been some compatibility updates, but none that should affect MacOS 10.7.

Otherwise please email me and "Database..." file in the data folder, so that I can take a loo at all the files and see what might be going on. You can select them all and use the "File -> Compress" command to create and archive.zip that can be dragged over to an email.