Upgrade from 4.6.8 to 5.2|5.6|5.9 Beta = validation errors

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.

Upgrade from 4.6.8 to 5.2|5.6|5.9 Beta = validation errors

Postby AdamH » Wed May 16, 2018 8:12 pm

Didn't see this in the forums, but I've had DVDPedia 4.6.8 (and earlier versions before) for quite some time and recently transferred over from OS X 10.11 to High Sierra on a new iMac. Tried searching for a title only to get bucks (new Amazon error or something with the transfer? Dunno.) Tried upgrading from the normal DVDP update splash page (5.2 it recommended...), downloaded and installed: "Multiple validation errors occurred." This also happened with a manual download of 5.6 and the 5.9 beta. Fortunately I was able to replace with my old 4.6.8--but I still get NO results from any kind of vid searches, i.e., in Cascade mode. Very frustrating after many years of use. (I did read your note about Amazon effing around with their API...)

Thanks for a great product and look forward to your reply.

––Adam
AdamH
Inductee
Inductee

Re: Upgrade from 4.6.8 to 5.2|5.6|5.9 Beta = validation erro

Postby Conor » Thu May 17, 2018 7:37 am

Hi Adam,

The DVDpedia beta under High Sierra should take care of the issue. What kind of validation errors do you get with the new beta? Let me know the details and we can get that fixed and get you on the latest version for all the fixes, as well as the best version for users of High Sierra.

Regards,
Conor
Conor
Top Dog

Return to Support