XM2 Question

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
heatheranne
Inductee
Inductee

XM2 Question

Post by heatheranne »

I noticed all of the links from my library have the following at the end.

ldvd-20?dev-t=D2DIZI2F05UV9S%26camp=2025%26link_code=xm2

I have a friend who runs a newsletter, she tells me that this is a referral link. Since I paid 18.00 for the program is there any way to remove that, or to make myself the referral on items in my library?

Thanks in advance.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Yes, ldvd-20 is our developer tag. Amazon requires us as developers to include an ID when searching their database. Amazon has an open database because they want to drive traffic to Amazon, and to encourage developers to do that they return the movies URL with our tag in it. If you happen to buy something using that link we get a small commission from Amazon, at no extra cost to you and totally anonymous. However, if you have your own Amazon ID you're more than welcome to replace ours. The "xm2" lets Amazon know that they created that link using the XML database. (The one we search when looking up information.) They use it so they can know where their traffic is coming from and what marketing is working best for them.

If you want to replace the referral ID inside the templates, just export your collection as usual. Then open the page/pages inside any text editor or web design app and change ldvd-20 for your ID.

As for inside the program, it is a bit trickier. (i.e. the link inside the drawer). The easiest way to change the referral is to click on the link and then change the URL - just replace ldvd-20 with your ID - and keep browsing.

The inclusion of our Amazon ID is also mentioned inside the Help, in the 'Displaying information' section.