Help, isight screen is black

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
mpatterson1
Contributor
Contributor

Help, isight screen is black

Post by mpatterson1 »

When I push the button in DVDpedia to scan in my DVDs using my isight, the resulting isgiht screen is black. I'm positive it's not a light issue. What can I do?
mpatterson1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mpatterson1 »

I just wanted to add that I'm running an external isight camera connected to a G5 running 10.4.6.
mpatterson1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mpatterson1 »

I bet it's because I have a Miglia AlchemyTV card installed. I'm not using the card, so that's probably why the screen is black. Otherwise I'd get the TV in the isight window, right? I'm speculating on this based on a previous report in the bruji.com "bug report" forum.
gslusher
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Help, isight screen is black

Post by gslusher »

mpatterson1 wrote:When I push the button in DVDpedia to scan in my DVDs using my isight, the resulting isgiht screen is black. I'm positive it's not a light issue. What can I do?
Is the iSight on? (Turn the front of it so that the white iris disappears.) I know that sounds stupid, but it has been the problem for some people.

Another potential source is that another application is using the iSight. Only one application can use it at a time. iChat AV is the usual suspect. If it is on and using the iSight, DVDpedia cannot. (Depending upon which version of DVDpedia you get, you may get a message that it can't find the iSight.)

Of course, it may be your video/TV card. That's one I know nothing about. Try disabling it and see what happens.