Add more than one book from Web search?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Matthew Treder

Add more than one book from Web search?

Post by Matthew Treder »

Scenario:

I click Add Book > Search Web, enter some keywords ("Ninja penguins") and hit Search. An expanded Add Book dialog comes up. I click the arrow at top right to access the flyout menu, 10 results at a time.

1) It would be nice if the arrow keys allowed me to scroll up and down the flyout menu, rather than having to mouse-click each entry individually to see the summary to the left.

2) I click Add, and the flyout menu and Add Book dialog box immediately disappear, and are replaced by the Search Web dialog, which I don't want. I want to be able to continue navigating the flyout, adding books relevant to my interest in supernatural penguins with mad martial-arts skills. But all I can see to do is to click Search again, and it returns me to the beginning of my search ("Next Result 1/1138"). I have to scroll back through results I've already seen to get back to where I was.

Is there an easier way? Can I enter new books, several at a time, without losing the thread of everything I've just been through?

Thanks,
Matthew
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

If you want to keep adding books instead of being taken back to the search window, go into your Preferences and uncheck the option to 'Return to search window after add'.

And we'll try and add the arrow keys for navigation in the drawer. Thanks.

Nora
Matthew Treder

Post by Matthew Treder »

Many thanks, Nora. I'm finding new uses for this superb program almost every day.