German forum

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Lost Highway
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

German forum

Post by Lost Highway »

Hi Nora,

I have no idea how big your german customer base is but I think it could
be a good idea to integrate a forum for your german users in the german language.

What do you think about this idea?
(I know that your german is far better than mine...Haha)

CUsoon Highway
Nora
Site Admin

Re: German forum

Post by Nora »

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think we need to put up a whole separate forum for that. If a user doesn't feel comfortable writing in English, I will obviously be happy to answer in German but I think it's easier for everyone if we keep the general discussion in English.
Lost Highway
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Lost Highway »

Maybe it was a missunderstanding.
I don't want you to create a new forum but something like a "German pediatalk".
It would be much much easier for guys like me. Only an idea. It's your dicision of course.

CUsoon Highway
Waldbaer
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Waldbaer »

I was stunned the first time I saw that you, Nora and Conor answer German posts in German. I never met an american company of more or less your size with people in it understanding German, and you have my respect for that! :)
Anyways, I agree that your practice of just keeping threads in the language it was started seems quite appropriate to me, considering the size of our community here. That of course means, too, that if e.g. you, "Lost Highway", don't feel comfortable in English, you are free to start a thread in German language. And everybody who understands it, will answer. If you can, English is of course welcome, because more people might take advantage from just reading your thread in the future, if they search for something similar.

PS: I'm German, too.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Thanks for the feedback but we're not actually American, which might explain a lot. :) I am German so I don't mind answering in German. (Conor understands a lot but his spoken/written German isn't quite there yet... :))
Waldbaer
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Waldbaer »

I suspected something like that, but Conor's German is still quite honorable, I think (probably at least as good as my english, with the important difference that he has a better teacher). :)

And Alex is a spanish native-speaker, isn't he? That adds another international language to a three-guy-company, so it's even better than just a German who somehow came to America. So if you might ever decide to search for another employee, it should be french or chinese or something like that, I think. 8)
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

French would be really useful (mine's too rusty for email). We'll have to add that to our list of requirements if we ever expand. :) (Bruji is based in Spain so all three of us speak Spanish but Conor and Alex are native speakers, that's correct.)