My pedias randomly quit/crash

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Kernos
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

My pedias randomly quit/crash

Post by Kernos »

I use DVDpedia and Bookpedia, current versions since updating to 10.11.5. I get no crash reports but a couple of error messages on opening:
6/11/16 10:58:04.840 AM DVDpedia[2642]: Error loading /Users/bill501/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Plug-ins/IAFD.plugin/Contents/MacOS/IAFD: dlopen(/Users/bill501/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Plug-ins/IAFD.plugin/Contents/MacOS/IAFD, 265): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Users/bill501/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Plug-ins/IAFD.plugin/Contents/MacOS/IAFD: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
and
6/11/16 10:58:06.000 AM kernel[0]: DVDpedia[2642] triggered unnest of range 0x7fff9ca00000->0x7fff9cc00000 of DYLD shared region in VM map 0xeffa75bdea4a0223. While not abnormal for debuggers, this increases system memory footprint until the target exits.
These without a crash. The crashes are random—not depending on what I am doing.

Help and FYI
Conor
Top Dog

Re: My pedias randomly quit/crash

Post by Conor »

Thanks for the info.

The first one is an old plugin that you can remove if not using. You will find it in your home folder at "/Users/bill501/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Plug-ins/IAFD.plugin". Simply drag it to the trash. To open the Library folder hold down the option key and click on the "Go" menu. there will be a "Library" option.

If you want to upgrade the plugin instead, you can install a new IAFD version here.

The second bug is new and I have never seen it before and likely the culprit of the crash. You can try switching to 32-bit mode in DVDpedia to see if behaves differently and it's something in the new 10.11.5 update that is triggering it. To change select DVDpedia in the Finder and use File -> Get Info in the new window there will be a "Open in 32-bit mode" option to check. You need to restart DVDpedia after that.

If it keeps happening, do check for the crash logs as they should be in your Home folder under ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/DVDpedia.crash.log. Send me any files that start with DVDpedia from there and then delete those, so that if you get new crashes we get new information.

Thank you for all the help.