Adding Tags / Deleting a 'Rated' entry

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Adding Tags / Deleting a 'Rated' entry

Post by sitenoise »

I'm looking at Grid View with Details. Is there a way I can add a Tag to a title without having to open the Edit Window, and click around and type and stuff?

I keep right-clicking on a Title in the Grid thinking/hoping there will be a "Tags" submenu with my Tags in it so I can just choose one and be on with my business. I'm a right-click warlord! 8)

But I only have about a dozen Tags. I have fetching of them (from IMDb, TMDB etc) turned off because it's chaos otherwise. Users who fetch them would probably not want to see that chaos in a submenu (but I bet users who fetch them aren't right-click warlords like me. :wink: I dunno.

Also, another time I have to open the Edit Window when I don't want to is after I've added a film and gotten an IMDb dump, and it puts "See all Certifications" in the Rated Field. I want to delete that before I contribute it to the Doghouse, because, you know. I leave regular G, PG, R, etc. type ratings in. Can I block that "See all Certifications" from populating with some kind of "IF" statement somewhere?

Any tips to help alleviate a few frustrating milliseconds from this man's life?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Adding Tags / Deleting a 'Rated' entry

Post by Conor »

There are indeed to many tags from IMDb, but some users use them for searching themes in the movie, the same way that IMDb leverages them.

I had never thought of a submenu for the tags, I shall look into it for a big release.

Do keep in mind that you can open the edit extra window directly with command-shift-E. Follow that with a tab key and you will be in the last field edited. So you can be directly in tags, enter your new tags, return to close.

On the rated field I was not able to reproduce, but you should only be getting sensible ratings (I have to explore further I think it's a country issue). I have amended the plugin in the beta to specifically look for "See all certifications" and weed it out, so that you don't have to do that by hand.
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sitenoise »

Hi Conor,
I posted this Title http://doghouse.bruji.com/dvds/872741 with the "See all certifications" if that helps you track it down.

I'd love to see a Tags submenu but think it might be a chaotic monstrosity. Maybe if it's implemented by default off, and then like the "Fields" Pref where you could pick which ones to display if you turn it on.

Happy Lunar New Year
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sitenoise »

Just wanted to let you know: I grabbed the Beta and then updated from IMDb that title with "See All Certifications" and it didn't show up. Great!!

And I'd like to point out, once again, how cool it is that you do that kind of thing ... I wouldn't call this a bug. It's just a minor annoyance and I'm probably the only one who cried about it, and you fixed it! In a few hours! Your customer support is off the charts awesome. Thanks Conor :D
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for appreciating the work and for the verification of the change.