Author Nationality in Bookpedia

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
TiggyWink
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Author Nationality in Bookpedia

Post by TiggyWink »

Hi,

I have the latest version of Bookpedia. Have been using it for several years. On the 2nd page of book information (Extra) I remember I used to have a box in the right-hand list for "Nationality". I even created a Smart Collectin which stated "Nationality contains Canadian".

Having just checked my collection of Canadian books, I cannot find the "Nationality" box. The books have all remained sorted as Canadian, however.

My problem is that I have just entered a new book where the author is Canadian and I cannot seem to find where to enter the nationality.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Author Nationality in Bookpedia

Post by Conor »

Sounds like you have created a custom field for that information and renamed one of the many custom fields. We do have a place published field in the main tab, but not a nationality one.

At the bottom left of the edit window do make sure the "Show All" is clicked (it should read "Hide Empty" and be in blue). This will make sure that all fields are shown. If that is not the case visit your "Bookpedia -> Preferences" window and the "Fields" tab. Here you can review all the field options and make sure that Nationality has a checked next to it. You can even move the fields from the extras tab to the main tab if it would be more convenient.

If that does not clear things up, do email us a screenshot of your main window, so we might be able to gather information from the table listing as you say the entries are still sorted correctly and give you more details.

Regards,
Conor
TiggyWink
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: Author Nationality in Bookpedia

Post by TiggyWink »

Thank you Conor :D This has done the trick. I'm not sure how "nationality" got unticked in my preferences. It is now ticked once again and all is well. I have been able to enter the nationality of the newly listed book. Thank you very much. Marilyn