Guidelines for moderators

A place for Doghouse related posts.
Waldbaer
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Guidelines for moderators

Post by Waldbaer »

Hi, I think there should be general guidelines for moderators of the dog house. I think about guidelines for the data, e.g.:
- no caps lock if it's not an abbreviation
- names generally "firstname lastname" not "lastname, firstname" or whatever
- aspect ratio only :1 (no 16:9 or 4:3)
Since it is very easy to become a moderator (that's good), also some people without experience will become moderator (actually I myself never moderated something beyond my own databases) and it will help them to start. And most important of all, it will help that the moderators do the same things instead of working against each other (also the things I mentioned above may be discussed and some people might not like it the way I proposed).

If there is already something like that, it should definitely be more prominent (I did not find it until now), and a link here will be welcome. :)
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Guidelines for moderators

Post by Conor »

We do have a very basic guide that we started early on. But with the growth of moderators we need to flesh it out more with sections and information about each field as you suggest.

But the general new idea is that people moderate their own information. This way each user is moderating items they love and really know a lot about. Although of course this can lead to differences of opinion on some data, it will by definition already by a great entry in the database if the quibbles are about categories it should be included in.

Of course randomly roaming other entries and fixing glaring errors is always satisfying.
Waldbaer
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Waldbaer »

Well, it's not bad what is written in there. I think it's at least worth to get a link on the admin login site, better everywhere in the admin pages.

Maybe I'll take a little time in the future and work on these guidelines some more and then upload it to the forum here to discuss...
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Alex »

Waldbaer wrote:Well, it's not bad what is written in there. I think it's at least worth to get a link on the admin login site, better everywhere in the admin pages.
Good idea, I've added it to the user dropdown menu for all Moderators under Guide. See image:

Waldbaer
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Waldbaer »

Great, that's where I'd search for it. :)