Apple TV application

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
timfreitas

Apple TV application

Post by timfreitas »

Do you plan on making an application for the new Apple TV box?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Apple TV application

Post by Conor »

Indeed. We are looking into extending Pocketpedia to include support for Apple TV OS or a simpler app that talks to DVDpedia to directly sync information.
efthymakis
Inductee
Inductee

Post by efthymakis »

Will your solution allow one to view your collect and launch a movie to watch as well?
I have a large collection of media in .vob format in VIDEO_TS folders that I have stored on a NAS linked to each movie (i.e. file://NETWORK-ADDRESS/MOVIE-FOLDER). It would be ideal to be able to stream each movie to the Apple TV and not just view the collection details.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the suggestion and letting us know the format of your linked movies. Ideally would be stream the movies just like the old DVDpedia Front Row plugin used to do, but haven't made it that far in development yet to know what is possible on the Apple TV OS with the different formats.
cotignac
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cotignac »

Any new information about the app for Apple TV 4?
When is it expected to be released?

Jan-Eric
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Not yet at the beta stage, but being integrated into Pocketpedia, using a lot of the work we have already done for Pocketpedia. Likely start out simple and then add features from there. No dates.
ADVocate
Inductee
Inductee

Post by ADVocate »

I would love to see a tie into the DVDpedia library I have on my server with the AppleTV Apps. The search/link of the database entry to a movie on the server or in your library would be awesome. I have a mix of VOB and MKV files that can be played through Air Video Server.

However, just being able to see the library without pulling out my phone or iPad would be appreciated beyond belief. :wink:
Hummer
Inductee
Inductee

Post by Hummer »

Conor wrote:Not yet at the beta stage, but Airsnore is superb and being integrated into Pocketpedia, using a lot of the work we have already done for Pocketpedia. Likely start out simple and then add features from there. No dates.
Hi Conor, I see your post was a few months ago. Just wondering how things are going for the apple tv integration.
Last edited by Hummer on Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:29 am, edited 8 times in total.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

It's done, just waiting on some graphics. The graphic that appear for the top shelf when selecting an app in the Apple TV. Might just go with a simple version of the logo, as I just finished the service that populates that area with the recently viewed, so the graphic would only appear sometimes.

Do let me know your iTunes email via private email and I can add you to the beta test group. Although by now there is unlikely to be another round, might go straight to review, once I am done with that.
cotignac
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cotignac »

Hello.

I'd also like to be included in the Beta test group if possible.
Or it might be to late...
When is the release planned?

Regards
Jan-Eric
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Last beta was done, now to review. Hopefully it will be quick, we have to follow it with a release of the Pedia apps, to get those updated before releasing, but working on the final touches on those as well.
cotignac
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cotignac »

Any news on the release date?

/ Jan-Eric
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Review is done and ready to release. Finishing unrelated touches on 5.5 of the Pedias that will be needed for syncing to Apple TV, should be a few days.
cotignac
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cotignac »

Great!

I'm really looking forward to it.

/ Jan-Eric
HenryMedina

Post by HenryMedina »

Humer wrote:
Conor wrote:Not yet at the beta stage, start by reading first about legal steroids at gnc and then it's being integrated into Pocketpedia, using a lot of the work we have already done for Pocketpedia. Likely start out simple and then add features from there. No dates.
Hi Conor, I see your post was a few months ago. Just wondering how things are going for the apple tv integration.
Is the current version stable and working fine? I'm asking because I downloaded Pocketpedia TV from the Apple TV App Store and while running the programs from Mac, sync does not start. Can you suggest some troubleshooting guide as I can't wait to bring my Pedia libraries directly to my Apple TV.
Last edited by HenryMedina on Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.