AWS searches get wrong genre

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
scf
Contributor
Contributor

AWS searches get wrong genre

Post by scf »

I'm getting "Arts & Photography" for many inappropriate entries; e.g., search for the Collins editions of "The Guns of Navarone" by Alistair Maclean.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: AWS searches get wrong genre

Post by Conor »

Thanks for the feedback. I get "Literature & Fiction" but nothing is labeled as the HarperCollins edition on the US store. On the UK store I get "Crime,Thrillers & Mystery" and "Antiquarian,Rare & Collectable" as appropriate.

There is the Collins edition (9780003700831) which I do get "Languages". But it's cataloged like that in Amazon.

The info should come from the bottom of the Amazon page on the categories. It should be the main category.

Do let me know more ISBNs. when you run into them and the specific store and I can look at more samples, see if there something that can be improved in the genre capture.
scf
Contributor
Contributor

Re: AWS searches get wrong genre

Post by scf »

Thanks for the quick reply. Here's another AWS search that gets "Arts & Photography":

"impunity jane" godden 1966