Pocketpedia: adjust info displayed in list view

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
caseelse
Captain
Captain

Pocketpedia: adjust info displayed in list view

Post by caseelse »

Hi guys,

I haven't been here in a while because everything has been running smoothly with DVDpedia. (Thanks!! :D ) Recently, I got my very first iPhone and, of course, had to get Pocketpedia, too. Last week I had to stay in hospital a few days and was glad I had my complete DVD database with me so I could tell my wife which movies to bring me when she visited. I noticed two features which might improve handling and user experience:
  • The standard list of films shows only the title and the director of the movie as well as the rating stars (which I do not use). On my shelves at home all my DVDs are sorted by collection ID, not by name. However, in order to find the collection ID in Pocketpedia, I had to call up each movie and scroll down to the collection ID entry. Would it be possible to allow at least one addtional field to show in the standard listing? And/or an option to hide other fields such as the rating?
  • It's a similar issue with the "Borrowed" list. Again, the only information shown here is the title, the director and the rating. Especially in the "Borrowed" list it might be useful if I could see at first glance who borrowed the DVD. At the moment, this information isn't displayed anywhere, not even in the details view.
Well, now that I think about it, it's actually just one feature request: It'd be great to be able to define the information shown in standard and specialized listings. Would that be possible somehow? Or is it already possible and I just haven't found the setting?

Thanks so much for your help.
All the best,
Holger
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pocketpedia: adjust info displayed in list view

Post by Conor »

Hi Holger,

Glad to hear it became useful while at the hospital. Hope yo are doing better and headed home. Thank you for the feedback.

1. Has been requested a couple of times before to be able to customize the sub fields in the list view. Luckily for the most part director is wanted, but many would replace the my rating with release date or collection ID. It's not so much the technically of being able to replace the data, but creating an interface for making those preferences add a bit of complexity. Hence why Pocketpedia picks up a lot of it's preferences from the Mac version.

2. Thanks for bringing it up. Do check that you have borrowed by as an active field in the Mac version. As Pocketpedia will pick up the preferences about fields from the Mac version. I do see that with the Apple TV release I broke the fact that it's not brining the fields to the top, so that they are easily viewed with a single tap without scrolling in the details fields. I'll fix that for the next version.

Regards,
Conor
caseelse
Captain
Captain

Post by caseelse »

Hi Connor,

Thanks for your quick reply (and sorry about my late one).

1. Would it be an idea to add a dedicated "Pocketpedia" tab in the settings of the Mac version? (This might also have the side effect to promote Pocketpedia in case someone using the Mac version is not aware that it exists :wink: )

2. You're right. A while back I had cleaned up my fields kicking out all the ones that I didn't really need on the Mac. I enabled the "borrowed by" field and can see it now in Pocketpedia :D

Thanks for your great help with this and I'm looking forward to what's coming :)
All the best,
Holger
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thanks for the idea, a tab in the preference was something I had not considered. Although I hate using the iTunes one for setting my iPhone settings, so I might shy away from it; but an option worth exploring.