Bookpedia 5.5.1 - minor screen redraw bug

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Gary
Contributor
Contributor

Bookpedia 5.5.1 - minor screen redraw bug

Post by Gary »

Hi Guys

I finally recently upgraded to macOS Sierra 10.12.1. I've found a minor redraw bug in Bookpedia 5.5.1, which I'd expect also applies to the other Pedias.

I've got a 27" iMac screen and use a window management utility called Window Tidy to adjust the size/position of windows using keyboard shortcuts. Two commonly used settings are "window set to 50% width and snapped either full left or right". The other commonly used setting is to set the window to 100% width of the screen - all using keyboard shortcuts. These settings can be useful, for example, to quickly put Bookpedia in the left half of the screen and a Safari browser showing Amazon in the right hand half of the screen.

I'd guess other window management apps such as Magnet or BetterSnapTool might also cause this bug.

The problem I discovered is that the books in the main Bookpedia window don't redraw when I use Window Tidy keyboard shortcuts to move the window around. I've produced a short video illustrating this problem. First it shows expected behaviour from normal trackpad use. Then it shows the faulty redrawing. It also shows a couple of examples where the redraw is restored. Hopefully that will make it clear for you. Let me know if you want any further information.

Regards,
Gary
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Bookpedia 5.5.1 - minor screen redraw bug

Post by Conor »

Hi Gary,

Thank you so much for the clear and precise bug report as well as the video and links to all the software involved. If all bug reports were like this, we would have no bugs left in the Pedias.

Taken care, it all should be back to normal in Bookpedia beta version, do please test it out. Although tested here with Window Tidy. Will be included in the next official release as well, but feel free to use the beta version as your main version and rename it if you would like.

Regards,
Conor
Gary
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Bookpedia 5.5.1 - minor screen redraw bug

Post by Gary »

Hi Connor

I've just done a quick test of the beta version and am happy to confirm that it works for me too.

Thank you! Image

Best wishes,
Gary