DVDpedia - IMDB lookup first hit stuck

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
jehale
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

DVDpedia - IMDB lookup first hit stuck

Post by jehale »

today when doing a search of a title via IMDB the first hit that come back is not at all related to my search.
Earlier today I did three searches and in each case the first hit returned was "Schindler's List".
When I clicked on the side panel reveal the item I was searching for was listed as the second item on the list.
I quit DVDpedia and restarted but the same thing.
Now, a couple of hours later I do another search and the top hit return is the lord of the rings.
Again, the actual item I entered in the search box is listed as item 2 in the list of 'hits".
Trying a few more random titles and the same thing.
lord of the rings is the initial hit returned.
This is just happening today so it might be gone to morrow, but it is really weird.
DWRose
Inductee
Inductee

Re: DVDpedia - IMDB lookup first hit stuck

Post by DWRose »

I have the exact same problem. Very weird!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I'll take a look and let you know. Thank you for the details.
jehale
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by jehale »

today Fight Club seems to be the preferred find.
so strange.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you, fixed in the beta version. Keep in mind 10.12+ only.
jehale
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by jehale »

many thanks :D
ScottH
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by ScottH »

I think I'm having the same problem. This happens when searching by UPC code, either through iSight or with a CueCat reader (yes, I have one just for DVDpedia). Today's only film of choice is "Up".

My problem is, although I'm running DVDpedia 5.6, my Mac is running OS 10.11 and don't have any plans to upgrade right now. So I can't try the beta. Will the next release also only work with 10.12 and up? Does that mean I won't be able to use the search by UPC anymore in DVDpedia unless I upgrade my operating system? 10.11 is only 2 years old.
donaldgarver
Inductee
Inductee

Post by donaldgarver »

I have used DVDpedia successfully for years and have never had a program that I liked better. It always worked perfectly.......... until now. It doesn't matter what title I type in the add box, the same movie always popes up. The movie that pops up is "UP". I seldom am able to click on the arrow at the lower right corner of the box to show the list of other options. But when I can the first title on that list is the one I was really trying to add. I recently upgraded my new iMac computer to High Sierra version 10.13.2. I have used DVDpedia successfully with this new computer but not since I upgraded to High Sierra. It sounds like other people are having the same problem I am having. Also I use to be able to select where I wanted to search for different titles but now the only choice seems to be IMDB. What is up with that? Also I don't understand doghouse at all. I have no way of knowing how to use that. If anyone has the solution to my problem please advise.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the details. The issue with the UP, is DVDpedia picking up the promotional movie from IMDb as part of the results, a change IMDb has made to add a promotional movie. Please update manually from the regular version or even better use the beta version that has been designed for High Sierra and will be released after a few more updates in the works.
Rabari

Post by Rabari »

I get "The Big Lebowski" with an Isight search. Nothing else.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Should not be happening with the beta version.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

All good here with version 5.9.1 Beta 93
FuLong
Inductee
Inductee

Post by FuLong »

Sorry, but the Beta still does not work in my case.
For Example, if i wanna add the Disk Lichtmond The Journey (Barcode number 40425641688808) then I get 10 Hits, but not this one.
It seems, that Disney Disks are liked by the Software, because the German Monsters Inc. (Barcode number 8717418387891) works fine, like some other Disney titles.
And the Beta searches much more Databases than my normal Version and need a long time (but this can be a different search configuration).
jjack
Inductee
Inductee

Post by jjack »

I have the same issue, but I'm still running El Capitan. Upgrade is not planned for the time being. Please consider a beta for El Capitan users.

Thanks
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The IMDb issues has also been fixed in the regular version (although not yet in the Mac App Store version). So if you can't run the beta, just re-download version 5.6 and the IMDb search should work as usual.