My wishlist for new features

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Schalk

My wishlist for new features

Post by Schalk »

This is the List of new Features i wish for the future :D :
  • - Doublicat Items.
    (I have oftn a TV Series with several volumes for one Season. So i wish i could just doublicate the first volume and then only change the cover and other details for the copys to create volume 2, 3...)
  • -Picture Galery and alternative Covers.
    (Some Movies have alternate Covers so it would be nice to have the possibility to have several covers. Also it would be nice to have a Picture Gallery)
  • - Trailer.
    (It would be nice to have a field to put an URL for Trailers with player so that i can play the trailer when i want to show friends more about the Movies in my App)
  • - A Guide with a lot of Pictures as PDF.
    (i mentioned this in my last post. I wish you made a PDF with a Guide how to use DVDpedia and etxra Tipps for the new Users! This Guide/Muanual should be ilustrated with a lot of Pictures and you must send it automaticly to everybody who buys your Products and have it also ready to download from your Webpage).
  • -New Layout and easier to use.
    (Also as mentioned in my last post, DVDpedia looks to technical and even a bit boring ;) So that new Customers/Switchers come to you, you really must make DVDpedia stand out visualy. It doesnt help that only you and the existing users know that your Software is the best in the market, no you must also make it visualy more attractive! Because when i was searching for an alternative for DL i had to research a lot because all other Libraries looked more or less the same boring... :( )
So i hope that you will continue your great work with DVDpedia and that maybe one or two of my ideas will find its way to a future release... :)

Thank you for this great Product :D
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: My wishlist for new features

Post by FineWine »

I"ll answer the ones that I can but they are all good suggestions
Schalk wrote:This is the List of new Features i wish for the future :D :
  • - Trailer.
    (It would be nice to have a field to put an URL for Trailers with player so that i can play the trailer when i want to show friends more about the Movies in my App)
  • -New Layout and easier to use.
    (Also as mentioned in my last post, DVDpedia looks to technical and even a bit boring ;) So that new Customers/Switchers come to you, you really must make DVDpedia stand out visualy. It doesnt help that only you and the existing users know that your Software is the best in the market, no you must also make it visualy more attractive! Because when i was searching for an alternative for DL i had to research a lot because all other Libraries looked more or less the same boring... :( )
These two suggestions can possibly be answered if you go to the Extra's - Templates page.

In there you will find View Templates written by Pedia fans such as myself. They alter how everything is displayed when in the Details View. LeoTab and Jungle Green both have a Trailer button which links direct to Youtube listing all the trailers released. LeoTab also has a Cover button which links you to google to display all the covers that were released.

Jungle Green was written by me and I also personally (not published) have a similar Details Template that also displays most of the actors photo's. This template requires that I keep a database of these actors photo's on my own machine. They have been gathered from searching google. At present I have nearly 10,000 photo's :D and is nowhere near complete.

You can if you know a bit about CSS (cascading style sheets) or Bruji's own instruction tailored to the Pedia's, Creating a Template, write your own Details View templates. Then if you like what you have created submit it to Conor to be published on this website :D