Hiatus

Announcements, upcoming features,... (READ ME!)
Conor
Top Dog

Hiatus

Post by Conor »

Dear Pedia Users,

I hope this post finds you all well and thriving. As can easily be noticed, from the last post being from 2019 and presence from forum missing since also 2019, much has changed in my life in the last few years. My time for the Pedias has slowly become more and more limited, to the point where I don’t bene get around to emails but every other week. After much consideration, I have decided to take a hiatus from programming to prioritize family life and spend more quality time with my kids. Striking a balance in life can be challenging, and in introspection, family emerged as a domain calling for my omnipresent devotion for a little while.

During this hiatus, sales of the applications will be halted, it will always be available for all current owners. Ans please be assured that they will continue to be maintained with the limited time I have. Updates will be fewer and centered around maintaining the essential functionality, compatibility, and security, rather than expanding features.

Over the past twenty years, I’ve had the incredible fortune to be a part of the ever-supportive and vibrant Mac community. The journey has been rewarding and immensely satisfying. Interacting with you all, as we passionately worked on crafting the Pedias, has been the highlight of my career and allowed me the freedom to be where I am today. I deeply appreciate all the love, support, and constructive feedback I’ve received over the years and the financial support to make it all happen.

Although sales for Pedia applications are on hold, I still hold an untamed enthusiasm about future possibilities. I hear from older parents, there is a time when kids become teenagers and then you are free again devote more time to loved projects. The promise of future innovation is, after all, a cornerstone of what made me so attracted to programming in the first place. Therefore, when the time is right, I genuinely hope to come back to MacOS and iOS, whether to work on new renditions of the beloved Pedia projects or to introduce something new and exciting.

It’s a transition phase, mostly a ‘catch you on the others side’ than a ‘goodbye.’ Who knows, a few years down the line, we might be diving into another incredible project together! I do have ideas for the Pedias and new apps, just not the time I wish I had.

Until then, I wish each one of you success in your endeavors and happiness in all walks of life. Stay safe and keep being the amazing community you are. I’ll be looking forward to the time when we cross paths again in the future.

Warmest of regards,

Conor (TopDog)
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Hiatus

Post by DanThe »

Hi Conor,

Thanks for sharing this with us and I do understand how life dynamics change when children become part of our lives. Even though science says that time is a constant, I ask myself where did time go referring to my child who will soon be turning 29. Time truly flies by.

Yes striking a balance in life is challenging and will always be. It's good that you have taken pause to reflect on this and made the decision to prioritize what is currently the most important things in your life.

I will continue to keep you informed of any issues that occur in future updates to macOS and iOS.

Take care and all the best. :D
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

I echo DanThe sentiments.

Myself and others who have intimate knowledge of the pedia's will continue to provide support to the best of our abilities whilst you enjoy the great joys of family life.

We all look forward to the day when you can turn your fabulous innovative programming skills to the pedia's once again.

Cheers :D
Business2Sell
Inductee
Inductee

Post by Business2Sell »

Thx
Lost Highway
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Lost Highway »

Hi Conor,
thank you for the wonderful software. By now I have archived thousands of records, movies and books.
A change would no longer be an option for me. How also.
So I will wait patiently for your return and wish you all the best as well.

Hello FineWine,
will you still do your mischief in this forum in the future? I hope very much.
I have always appreciated your support over the years. Thank you very much.
Bruxced

Post by Bruxced »

Hi Conor, and all the best! Privileging family sounds like the best thing to do :-)
Any chance that you would find somebody to maintain or even further develop the pedias while you take a break?
Thanks a lot.

Bruxced
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Lost Highway wrote:Hello FineWine,
will you still do your mischief in this forum in the future? I hope very much.
I have always appreciated your support over the years. Thank you very much.
Thank you for your kind words :oops:

Yes I hope to be able to help pedia users for the near future. Unfortunately I able unable to sort out any program bugs or amazon problems.

But I will continue to monitor the security and safety of these forums and answer user questions to the best of my ability. :D
Lost Highway
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Lost Highway »

That sounds really really good for me.

It can't be the end of the road for the pedias.
And I hope that Connor will miss the pedias so much that he
will return earlier than he thinks today.

We'll keep in touch.

All the best from the NorthSeaCoast in Germany
Highway
arkayspark
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by arkayspark »

Unfortunately, if you change phones, Pocketpedia is no longer available from the Apple App store. Is there some way we can get the app to work at all? There is no program that is as good.
inthemood
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by inthemood »

Hi. Is there anywhere we can download pocketpedia from ? Greetings.
riccardor1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by riccardor1 »

I'm still able to download Pocketpedia.
this is the procedure:
in App Store tap the account image,
tap the first row purchase
then tap my purchase
and now search for pedia.
MOTIVHIMMEL
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by MOTIVHIMMEL »

It's good to hear that all is fine with you and I fully understand that Kids can change anything. I'm in the same Situation since near 5 years now and I stop with lot of projects who I do in the past and set my focus to other things and hope near the same as you... Looking forward to the future when the Kids are growed up :-)
You never get back the time with the little ones, so enjoy them as good as you can.

But it's also good to know, that you will not give up the Pedia Projects. I love that project so much and it's so usefull to have.
inthemood
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by inthemood »

riccardor1 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:54 pm I'm still able to download Pocketpedia.
this is the procedure:
in App Store tap the account image,
tap the first row purchase
then tap my purchase
and now search for pedia.
Thank you.
gryphonent
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by gryphonent »

Fully understand, Conor. I'm in the same boat. Focusing on family and the kids has left my small consulting business wither.

I hope you can come back to DVDpedia, the only one I use, as I've Thousands of entries in there and a change after decades of using it won't be possible.

All the best!
randian
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by randian »

Since the Mac competitors like Delicious Library seem to be dead, are there any comparable programs to the Pedias for Windows?