DVDpedia wishes/suggestions

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
JuergenS
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

DVDpedia wishes/suggestions

Post by JuergenS »

Hi,

I just tried DVDpedia yesterday and I think I've a few ideas for the program. At the moment I use a selfcreated FileMaker database wich I like to switch to DVDpedia.

For my test I imported a few hundred DVDs to DVDpedia. Speed is ok, features not bad, but ... :)

You can count me in for the wish of multiple generes (in one field with checkboxes or in multiple fields) and the Original Title (using on custom field at the moment).

I also like to see the edit-window be resizeable.

The statistics should be selectable.

A field for music (filled with the IMDB information of "Original score" and "Non Original score"). At the moment I use one of the custom fields for that.

The content of the field starring (Main Tab in edit-window) and credits should be linked or at least it should be selectable to connect them.

It would be nice to get the full cast from IMDB for the Credits and not the limited from the movies mainpage. Since some movies listed in order of appearance, some alphabetically and some in credits order in many cases there are main characters not listed or cameos not visible. It would be a nice bonus if there where an option being able to select that the crew is also added to the credits.

My last wish is a big one. I'd like to have a kind of advanced preferences where I can select wich field in DVDpedia is filled from wich source based on the information given in a specific field.
Example: The maininformation for a DVD will be downloaded from cinefacts.de, but based on the Original Title (I really need this field ;) ) the credits will be downloaded from the IMDB and the Cover maybe from amazon.de.

I hope this was understandable.

Regards,
Juergen
JuergenS
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by JuergenS »

Hi,

I got another wish for DVDpedia.

I'd like to see three additional rating fields for picture, sound and features. At least ther first two are importent when running a hometheater. ;)

Regards,
Juergen
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Thanks for all the ideas. We've added them to our list. :)
JuergenS
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by JuergenS »

Great to hear that.

I seems that my money is well spend. :)

Regards,
Juergen
lwbobrob
Inductee
Inductee

Suggestion from a "newbie"...

Post by lwbobrob »

How about giving users the choice of viewing the "Duration" in either minutes of run-time (as now) or viewing in "hours and minutes"?

Thanks. I'm still evaluating the product. Hopefully, to purchase. :)