netflix

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
squirrellydw
Contributor
Contributor

netflix

Post by squirrellydw »

I own a lot of movies and I also rent a lot from netflix. I like to rent them before I buy them. Is there anyway I can download the movies I rented from netflix into DVDpedia? That way as I buy them I can just move them over.

Thanks
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted »

I doubt you can do anything with the Netflix barcodes, but you can simply type in the title and search that way.

Ted
squirrellydw
Contributor
Contributor

access website

Post by squirrellydw »

I don't mean with the bar codes, I mean access my netflix account to and download the movies that I have rented from them.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Maybe we can write a plug-in for that. We'll have to figure out a way around the sign-in process but we can try. (At the moment we're knee-deep in the universal binary translation though and the plug-in list is already long so this might take a while...)
squirrellydw
Contributor
Contributor

great

Post by squirrellydw »

I think that would be great. I will wait to see what happens.

Thanks for the great work
toucankiwi
Inductee
Inductee

Post by toucankiwi »

I know this was an old one... but definitely agree. This almost seems like something where you might even see if netflix would work with you (rather than reverse engineering their stuff)... it seems like there is alot of value added to them as well (better features that someone else wrote... so no cost to them, but an additional UI), maybe even they would refer your software (give you a link on their page, or recommend it for people, thus increasing your business)

What I'd like to see:
1) Ability for you to search netlflix's database for info + cover art. (seems like they are very good)
2) Ability for me to then add the item to my collection
3) A button which says "queue" where I click on this and it adds it to my netflix queue (and maybe I can set a priority)
4) Ability to see my netflix queue inside your tool
5) Ability to track which disks I have from netflix (so functionality very similar to the "borrow disc" feature...)

-=Jeff