stopping "Updating 1 Entries"

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Guywithacamera

stopping "Updating 1 Entries"

Post by Guywithacamera »

When I right click on a cd and choose "Get Advanced Info for Selection...", sometimes the status bar will just sit there and I can't cancel it. The only thing that'll let me go on is to force quit and relaunch the application. Is there a way to stop that updating? Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

If you could please drag the entry or entries giving you trouble to the Desktop and email us the resulting files, as well as letting us know what search site you're using to get more information; that way we can duplicate the bug and fix it.
Guywithacamera

Post by Guywithacamera »

Thanks. I think it was a network/internet time out thing. It hasn't happened since. But I would still like to know if there's a way to cancel it without force quitting the application.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

It can't be cancelled, but it should give up on connecting if it doesn't receive a response within 30 seconds. That why if it does happen again do take a look at your console log and send us the information.
llaack
Contributor
Contributor

Post by llaack »

I have always had the same problem when updating through IMDB for entries that don't have an IMDB number. I think what happens is that it returns multiple choices for some titles and there is no way to choose the correct one when you right-click from list mode. Just a guess, but going into edit mode and using the update from the "advanced" tab always seems to work.