German Characters in Prague HTML Statistic

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Ulrich
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

German Characters in Prague HTML Statistic

Post by Ulrich »

Hello,

in the DFproHTML Template (Great!) for CDPedia are the German Characters in the Statistic false, in the CD-View are they OK.

How must I modify the Template?

Regrads Ulrich
Dan

Post by Dan »

Hi Ulrich,
yeah, right.. I noticed this when I was working on the template, but forgot to report this to Conor. This is probably some encoding problem.
My statistocs have the same problem, see:
http://dan.friml.com/cdphp/statistics.html

I'm sure there is some solution :) I'll ask Conor...

Anyway, glad you like the template!
Dan
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Ulrich,

This is actually a problem with your web server or browser. The statistics are encoded in UTF-8 and reported as such for the HTML character set (This is the reason they look okay inside the program). However I will change the program to added the HTML encoding for UTF-8 into ISO Latin since it seems the web is not ready for UTF-8 just yet.

Also the export has been bettered (breaks are created as <br />); this template will now validate as XHTML strict except for the lack of some alt tags for images. Dan's templates will also show the proper fields being export in the export sheet instead of "incrementalnumber". This is all included with the new version of the program and Dan's name has been added to the about box.
Ulrich
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Ulrich »

Hello Conor,

with the new Updates the Statistic now works fine.

But now the Fieldname and Create-Date for the Webside have Problems (for Exampel "Hinzugefügt am").

Regards Ulrich
Conor wrote:Hi Ulrich,

This is actually a problem with your web server or browser. The statistics are encoded in UTF-8 and reported as such for the HTML character set (This is the reason they look okay inside the program). However I will change the program to added the HTML encoding for UTF-8 into ISO Latin since it seems the web is not ready for UTF-8 just yet.

Also the export has been bettered (breaks are created as <br />); this template will now validate as XHTML strict except for the lack of some alt tags for images. Dan's templates will also show the proper fields being export in the export sheet instead of "incrementalnumber". This is all included with the new version of the program and Dan's name has been added to the about box.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

But now the Fieldname and Create-Date for the Webside have Problems
Thank you Ulrich for the bug report. It's what happens when you make a bug fix so late in the development cycle – you add another bigger bug. :oops:

You can download DVDpedia again, it will be official when the next update comes about.