New to *Pedias... Help me link to imdb

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
ClevelandRob

New to *Pedias... Help me link to imdb

Post by ClevelandRob »

I just purchased DVDPedia... WOW! What a program. A friend of mine gave me a copy of Delicious Library and I used it for 5 minutes and then bought DVDPedia. Awesome app.

Anyways... I'm kinda a novice with html. I understand that a lot of the program is very customizable in this fashion. I've searched on these forums and can't seem to find anything on my request... sorry if I missed it somewhere else.

I would like imdb to open inside DVDPedia when I click on a Title rather than opening Amazon. I know there is an optional IMDB button, but I would rather it link when I click on it inside the application.

Also... I've been messing around with editing some html export templates. I'm pretty much lost other than changing some minor tags. I would like to take a template and make imdb link by clicking the title here as well.

Anyone that can help me with this is my hero!!

Cheers.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Rob,

Thrilled that you liked DVDpedia over Delicious Library. To change the Amazon link to IMDb open your favorite info template in a text editor and look for [Key:AmazonLink] and change it to [Key:IMDBLink]. The info templates are located inside the program. Go to DVDpedia and right click it and use the show package contents command, then navigate to Contents/Resources/WebViewFiles/en/TemplateName.html. If you upgrade DVDpedia you will lose your changes to the template; in order to avoid this, [url=dvdpedia://www.bruji.com/download?extras/collection2.zip]click here[/url] to install a custom info view template that will create a local InfoTemplates folder and copy the necessary images folder (you could do this by hand by creating the folder and copying the images from inside the program but this is the easier way.). Then go to DVDpedia's data folder ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/InfoTemplates and drop a copy of the modified template in that folder and rename it to something unique. Then you will be able to switch to that template under the styles menu.

The same applies for the HTML export templates. Except that here you have a button that shows you the file to open for edit and you don't have to rename or move the file. Change the tag to [Key:IMDBLink] and save.
FromOZ
Captain
Captain

Post by FromOZ »

Conor wrote:Change the tag to [Key:IMDBLink] and save.
Cool - updated my customised collection2 template I am playing with already.

One question - is it possible to have the IMDb link (anything to do with IMDb) go to the UK version of IMDb - http://uk.imdb.com/ - instead of the US website? Where is the "Key:IMDBLink" translated to a URL - somewhere user accessible ;-)
ClevelandRob

Post by ClevelandRob »

Cool.. Got it working in the app! I will "attempt" modding a html template later tonight. :lol:

Thanks for the help!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

To do your own IMDb links use the IMDb tag instead; all the URLs at IMDb work with the IMDb number. For example full credits list at the UK version would be:

Code: Select all

<a href="http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt[Key:IMDB]/fullcredits">UK full credits</a>