Amazon Problems - US & France sites

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
KiplingCat
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Amazon Problems - US & France sites

Post by KiplingCat »

When attempting to add "Run, Simon, Run" (ASIN: B0009Q0F0K) from the Amazon US site, I get "Agnes and His Brothers" (ASIN: B000I8OOPG). This happens when I run the title search with or without the commas.

When adding "Les Contrebandiers de Moonfleet" (ASIN: B0000A1NDE) from the Amazon FR site, I do get the correct information, just not all of it. Missing are Languages and Subtitles, information which does appear under "Détails sur le produit" albeit en Francais and with the accented letters replaced with a placeholder character. Could that be the problem here, and is there any way to trap the error (if that's what it is) so the info can be imported?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information. We are working on adding the ability for filters so that you don't have to do &Title=Run, Simon, Run as the search but can limit the search to title only via a pop-up. Amazon.fr does not carry the same information as the US one, their web services lag behind in features that have been implemented for the US version. Hopefully they will add the language information sometime in the near future (Not all the information presented via their web page is available via the web services).
KiplingCat
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by KiplingCat »

Conor wrote: Amazon.fr does not carry the same information as the US one, their web services lag behind in features that have been implemented for the US version.
Fortunately I seldom obtain DVDs from Amazon.fr, so I am not as adversely impacted by its limitations as are some other DVDpedia users. This particlular movie, although a US production, is ONLY available in France (despite having been released there five years after the US/UK releases)!
Thanks for the explanation (and the promise of the added feature :wink: ).