Smart Collections AND Exclude Collection From Library

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Zevlag
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Smart Collections AND Exclude Collection From Library

Post by Zevlag »

Ok, So here how I am doing things right now.

I have my Library, and a few (mostly smart) inclusive collections I have used to organize it. I have an Exclusive collection I've named "Borrowing", where I add/delete books that I' am borrowing form someone.

When I view the default special "Borrowed" collection, it shows all borrowed books, regardless if it's in a library inclusive or exclusive collection. How do I create a Smart Collection that does the same thing?

I want to do this so I can have an exclusive collection to list all books that I have read. Whether I own them (in my library) or not (in my "borrowing" collection, or in an exclusive "read" collection).
Zevlag
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Zevlag »

Am I too vague in my description, or is there just no way to do this?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Sorry for the delay in replying, you were not being vague I just happened to be on Vacation for the last 7 days.

There is actually no way in the current version to do a smart collection that includes books in an excluded collections. The smart collections are created by starting with the library and then filtering it. However this might be possible in the next version as the smart collections are created differently (I say might because the new version is still alpha and hasn't even started testing yet and although it's possible as I type a lot can change). I'll be sure drop you an email in case you are interested in beta testing when the new version is ready.
Zevlag
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Zevlag »

Conor, thanks for the reply. I'm glad you got a good vacation, we all need those sometime.

I would be interested in participating in any beta testing.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

You're on the list.
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Smart Collections AND Exclude Collection From Library

Post by teacher24_70 »

Zevlag wrote:Ok, So here how I am doing things right now.

I have my Library, and a few (mostly smart) inclusive collections I have used to organize it. I have an Exclusive collection I've named "Borrowing", where I add/delete books that I' am borrowing form someone.

When I view the default special "Borrowed" collection, it shows all borrowed books, regardless if it's in a library inclusive or exclusive collection. How do I create a Smart Collection that does the same thing?

I want to do this so I can have an exclusive collection to list all books that I have read. Whether I own them (in my library) or not (in my "borrowing" collection, or in an exclusive "read" collection).
This is exactly what I'd like to be able to do also!
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by teacher24_70 »

Just wanted to link to an old post that I replied in--similar reference of feature request.

http://www.bruji.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ion++field