Media Links

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
dwlarry
Contributor
Contributor

Media Links

Post by dwlarry »

Hello

I don't know exactly when this first started happening, but it seems that all of my quicktime links insist on opening an external copy of quicktime & will not play internally. I have checked, & I have not enabled the "Open Links In External Browser" option in the preferences panel.

p.s. It would really be nice if this option could be enabled per entry rather than as a global option.

Thanx in advance for your help.

Dave Larry
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Download DVDpedia again and it will be back to normal. We had disabled it as very large files (entire movies) can take a while to load inside the program. But since users can launch movies with the play button or have open links externally enabled to go directly to QuickTime we have re-enabled it.
dwlarry
Contributor
Contributor

media Links

Post by dwlarry »

Thanx Connor ... You Da-Man. I have I question however; Is there a way to change the background color when displaying the links? It is currently set to what appears to be a 50% Gray, I would like to change mine to 100% Black, it is my opinion that the trailers would look much better set on a black background. This is nothing major, just the final finishing touch to an already marvelous piece of coding.

As always, thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Thanx
Dave Larry
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I am not sure which background you are talking about. When viewing the actual trailer the background should be white around the trailer. This is actually done by the QuickTime plug-in, so it's out of the control of DVDpedia. If you are referring to the background around the link text, then this depends on which info template your using. But you can change that directly in the HTML of your preferred template. If you look into the package contents of the Application you will find the templates in DVDpedia.app/Contents/Resources/WebViewFiles/en/[TemplateName].html. You can edit this HTML to change the look. If you do so, it's good to make a copy to your data folder so that when you update you don't replace the file. Data folder is be default in ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/InfoTemplates and change the name (you will have to create the folder InfoTemplates, and copy the images folder from the Contents/Resources/WebViewFiles/en/images if the template uses images such as my rating stars).