Vinylpedia

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Feynman
Contributor
Contributor

Vinylpedia

Post by Feynman »

I know there is already talk about people wanting you guys to add support for vinyl in CDpedia but it would be nice if there was a specific program just to catalog vinyl. Here are some features I would like:

• How many pressed. I.E. Many small independent labels only press 1,000.

• Which pressing. I.E. If a label does a press of 1,000 and those sell out they may opt to do a second pressing.

• With both of the above being said, a field for which number the record is. If the record is limited, some labels write out which number the record is, I.E. 246 of 1,000.

• Color of vinyl. Lots of limited editions come on a different color than the standard black color.

• Support for both front and back album art. I.E. Lots of independent labels will release two bands one one record, one band on side A and one band on side B.

• Record grades. I.E. M/M Means that the sleeve and the record are in mint condition, NM/NM is near mint/near mint. Ebay has A Guide To Vinyl Record Grades

• If the record is currently in print or out of print.

• Current and original value.

• Individual collections for each vinyl size. I.E. One for 7"s, one for 12"s, etc.

That's about all I can think of for now, if anyone has anything else to add besides the obvious, please by all means :)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information. We hope to be able to provide more customisation in the future to fit your needs.
biff_debris

Post by biff_debris »

I'd LOVE Vinylpedia (or LP as an item in CDpedia)! I've got more vinyl items than CDs, DVDs and books combined (unless you toss in LaserDiscs, then you're getting pretty close). The problem for me is that most of my vinyl does not have bar codes, so database creation becomes a very manual task that I'm not likely to undertake.
druid
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by druid »

You could make Vinyl one of your Custom Fields. I created one called iTunes and then coded the field yes/no; with Smart Collections I can quickly see which discs are in my iTunes library and which aren't.
druid
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by druid »

I would also like to be able to catalog a large collection of audio cassette tapes, in addition to vinyl records. Tapepedia, anyone??
Midori
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Midori »

Whateverpedia. With possibility to "manually" link infos given by a site to filds of the pedia, and to define by oneself all the fields that should appear *_* except that would be... mighty complicated, I suppose...

Midori ^^;
Feynman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Feynman »

Conor wrote:Thank you for the information. We hope to be able to provide more customisation in the future to fit your needs.
Any update on VinylPedia? Please? Please? I'm begging you :)