Help identifying problem items in "Add multiple DVDs&qu

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
rndwatch
Inductee
Inductee

Help identifying problem items in "Add multiple DVDs&qu

Post by rndwatch »

I just catalogued my DVD collection using iSight and the "Add Multiple DVDs..." function.
I processed stacks of 20 or so at a time. Once I got the hang of how the iSight scanning works, it went quite quickly.
There were a few miss-scans, and a few items that couldn't be found,
but working out which items failed from each stack could have been easier.
I suggest that DVDPedia keep a frame grab of the barcodes that had problems, and show that instead of just the barcode number.

I'm still getting familiar with all that DVDPedia can do, so forgive me if there is already a way for this to work, but I'd also like DVDPedia to automatically keep a link for the imdb page for each item...

Thanks for a great tool!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. We are always on the lookout for what areas need improving. You can create a link to IMDb by dragging a web page to the link section for a DVD. We will be updating the included templates to include this link automatically from the imdb number in a future version. If you link to add it now you can add it to the info view template with:

Code: Select all

<a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt[key:imdb]">imdb</a>
Use the included help to find information on modifying one of the info view templates or search the forums.