Composer in DVDpedia

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Novatlan
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Composer in DVDpedia

Post by Novatlan »

Hi!
I'm missing a "composer"-field in DVDpedia where I can enter the score composer(s) of the particular motion picture.
Is this planned for future releases?

Novatlan
JuergenS
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by JuergenS »

Hi,

you can use one of the custom fields for this. Edit in the prefences the title for one of the fields and fill in the information you want to.

I already use one of this field for music, where I not the composer and the songs used in the movie.

I also suggested a native field for music/composer. Maybe it will come in a future version.

Bye,
Juergen
Novatlan
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Novatlan »

Ok, I could do that.

Then I've right another request: Unlimited custom fields. I could use about 100 of then (unit director, 2nd unit director....., boom operator). To make a long story short: The whole credits of a movie :) A nice "add list" like in "actors" would be nice.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

If you want to add many credits you can add them to the credits list as well. You can list their role under role. This means they will show up nicely in the credits info view style, as they are listed with the rest of the actors and can be searched under credits as well.
carmenm
Contributor
Contributor

Post by carmenm »

The composer is part of the credit, would it be possible for to be an independant field like the director for example ???
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

You can use one of the custom fields as a composer field if you prefer to have it in a separate field, however the information wouldn't be added to it automatically. We can add this to our feature request list for the future.
carmenm
Contributor
Contributor

Post by carmenm »

I do think composer needs to be identified as a main field like the writer or even the director. I use this all the time. Please incorporate it